- How many people are there in this country? How does this
compare with world population? What is considered a small
town/large town/city in terms of number of people?
- Is population shifting from rural to urban, south to north,
mountains to coast, etc.? Why? What effects has this had on the
places being left? The places gaining people?
- Does city layout reflect some philosophy (religious or
architectural or political), such as that the "head" of the city
must be at the center, the highest point, or the most strategic
location? Or were layout considerations mainly practical? Or did
most cities "just grow"?
- Are there public or private parks in most/any cities? What
kinds of activities take place in them?
- Are cities generally laid out on a square-grid system of
streets? How wide are the streets and alleys?
- What are the landmarks in each city? Where are the interesting
neighborhoods, like Chinatown, the dwarfish section, etc., and what
things give each its special character?
- Where do people go to shop? To eat? To have fun? To do touristy
Skip to: Top or page information.
Donate by Mail!
8800 N IH 35
AUSTIN TX 78753
Donate by PayPal!
Donations are not tax deductible and do not buy
access, products, or services.
Skip to: Top or
This page contains the "Urban Factors" section of Patricia C.
Wrede's Worldbuilder Questions.
Worldbuilder Guided Tour
Use the following links to continue the
Worldbuilder Guided Tour. This will abandon any excursion tours
PREV | HOME | NEXT